- Human Resources
Employee Benefits Package
The City of Opa-Locka offers a generous benefit packet as listed below. For more information on specific benefits, contact the Human Resources Department at (305) 953-2815.
- 96 hours or 12 days of annual leave for full-time employees with one to five years of service
- 120 hours or 15 days of annual leave for full-time employees with 6-10 years of service
- 144 hours or 18 days of annual leave for full-time employees with 11-15 years of service
- 160 hours or 20 days of annual leave for full-time employees with 16-20 years of service
- 176 hours or 22 days of annual leave for full-time employees with 21 years or more of service
After three months of continuous employment, full-time employees will be granted eight hours of paid sick leave per month (or 96 hours per year). If not used, the employee may roll sick leave over to the following year.
There are 12 paid holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Personal day (must be used within the year)
Health insurance with TPA with a choice of PPO or EPO is provided for employees. The City pays 100% of employee coverage.
- HMO - Insurance covers 100% for physicians on plan, $10 co-payment
- PPO Plan - Both the employee and the City share the cost
Life Insurance & Voluntary Benefits
One time the employee’s salary is provided for all employees at the City’s cost. The City offers a host of voluntary benefits, including short term disability, long term disability, deferred compensation, and more.
City employees are members of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), a state operated retirement plan. All contributions are submitted by the City of Opa-Locka for its employees.