The Community Development Department has a number of goals for economic development in the City of Opa-locka:
- Strengthen the economy by recruiting competitive companies committed to make a long-term economic investment
- Provide job opportunities and housing consistent with the culture and values of the City through a focused effort in collaboration with government agencies and the private sector
- Encourage a balanced development - a mix of commercial, residential, retail, and recreational uses at a variety of locations throughout the City
- Support local entrepreneurs and leverage our City's economic development resources and align those efforts with private sector recruitment initiatives
- Attract and retain a critical mass of activity in each target industry by focusing on the right industries for the City
For more information on economic development goals, contact us at (305) 953-2868 option 5.